Sunday, January 16, 2011

Why Scott Pilgrim is Important

Oh Scott Pilgrim. Words can not describe how much I love this movie. It is fresh, it is bold and it is fast. If you are a person who can't sit through 2 minutes of dialogue without any explosions, this movie is for you. There aren't that many explosions per say but the editing in the movie is quick and sharp. Which is why I love it. The movie is basically about a guy named Scott Pilgrim (duh) who wants to date a girl but, (twist!) he has to defeat her seven evil exes in order to so. Scott is played by Michael Cera, who I thought was rather dry and dull until I saw him in this role. One thing I love about this movie is its cinematography. The movie is shot like a weird video game from the 80's. It has random pop ups and energy bars, floating icons, floating text, etc. It also has a great score. The opening track is super awesome and I wake up to it every morning. Not kidding. Its that good. Another thing I LOVE about this movie is the characters. My favorite ex is probably ex number 2 aka Lucas Lee portrayed by Chris Evans. He's a typical action movie star hot shot and he's a parody of many action stars (Stallone,Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, even Chris Evans himself to some extent...) In the movie they briefly show mock posters of some of his movies. Below is my favorite one.  So thats basically all I can say about Scott Pilgrim as of right now. There are so many things I love about this movie, I can't write them all down at once. Ask me about it tomorrow and I'll tell you 5 other things I love about it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment